Wednesday 31 July 2013

DAILY DEVOTION; DAAGLIKSE PITKOS



Joh 17:3 En dit is die ewige lewe, dat hulle U ken, die enige waaragtige God, en Jesus Christus wat U gestuur het

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The words of that old hymn rings so true: 

This world is not my home, I'm just passing trhough
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue . . . .

Have you ever given this thought: Where and on what do you spend most of your time and energy? What takes up most of your thoughts and desires? The answer my friend, is not blowing in the wind; the answer may indeed give you a very clear indication of your spiritual state. 

If I am honest I have to admit that I find myself more and more often woryying about my daily chores, food, clothing, relationships, problems on work- and personal related issues. Yet, when I meditate on the Word of God and realize where our real home is, I get rejuvinated with new energy and joy and zest for the life awaiting me in the hereafter. Is this escape-theology? I think not. Rather I perceive this as a wake-up call for me to get my priorities right again and to focus on things that really matter. 

Math6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his rightiousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment